Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Soaking Adzuki Beans for Better Digestion



Me? Beans? No, thank you!!! That used to how I felt about beans, until I learned how to properly prepare them. As long as I don't overeat them, I love them and they love me! I especially like adzuki beans because they are very nutrient dense.

Rinse 1 cup of adzuki beans, put in 2 quart sauce pan. Add water to about and inch above the beans. Add 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 bay leaf. Place the pan on the stove on medium heat until the water is hot. Remove the pan from the heat and soak for 24 hours. Rinse, add fresh water and vinegar, and reheat twice during the soaking. When you are ready to cook them, rinse the beans, add fresh water and 1 garlic clove cut in half. Cook on medium heat 2 hours or until soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment