Friday, June 7, 2013

Saying NO to GMOs!

My daughter and I are trying to free our home of GMO (Genetically Modified) foods. Can you believe that man would actually try to change the DNA of the foods we eat? Ok, that was a silly question! Of course man would do that, but WHY? I know that it is with good intentions such as producing more crops and faster. However, I believe that the modifications man has made to our natural foods has had a negative impact on our health. For this reason, I am trying to say NO to GMOs! My daughter and I are doing our research on products that we buy for our family. Please refer to the Non-GMO Project Website for information on the labeling of Non-GMO products. This website provides a list of products that they have verified as Non-GMO. For the products that have not undergone the tests of the Non-GMO project, you can contact the company and find out their policy on GMO ingredients. We were happy to find out that Trader Joe's brand products and Whole Foods brand products are free of GMO ingredients. We are in the process of researching other products that we use, and I will add them to this blog as I find out about them.

Aldi's Peanut Delight Natural Creamy Peanut Butter

The company confirmed by email that this product is GMO-free. It has not been verified by the Non-GMO Project, but the company claims that the ingredients have not been genetically modified. I like this peanut butter because it does not contain hydrogenated oils, it is a good price, and it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment